Wednesday 20 February 2013

Hot Dogs evolved!

Just some time ago, I saw a picture, which is adorable and cute, yet sickening and disgusting!
I don't know who could have thought of such a thing, and why he was jobless enough to do so, but
here is the promised picture:
















You see, the humble sausage and bread has evolved into this *splutter* nonsense! It actually reminded me of my grandmother, who is a vegetarian. She hates the fact that I eat meat, and she calls the hot-dog a garam kutta. Garam is 'hot', while kutta means 'dog' (In this sense, dog is a living, barking dog!). Little did she know that the concept of Garam Kutta actually existed! If she saw this post, she would have fainted with horror and disgust!

We can see this picture in many different perspectives. See it in a different, deep perspective, this is also the humiliation of food, as you're insulting what you eat. It is adorable, and funny, guaranteed, but I think that food, in such, should not be humiliated as it is the thing that helps you to live! In Indian culture, food is personalized as a goddess, Annapurna, and usually people are not expected to grumble before food, or despise it, or insult it in any way as we believe that Annapurna is offended and never comes back to you. See it in a money-related way, and you find that the loaf of bread is wasted (as with many mothers, wouldn't you agree?)

But in all, this image is funny at the at the first glimpse, and is meant for entertainment and not for like, really pondering over it. A comparison can be made to the baking chocolate, which is bittersweet. This picture is bitter to some, sweet to some. The final message is that food, in all, can be looked at from different perspectives, and there is no "standardization" of food anywhere. That means, that you cannot just say that this kind of food as this and that only. You have to look at it from different points of view, only then, shall you realize the true worth of food.

Concluding, and in this context, I quote Shakespeare:

O, from what power hast thou this powerful might
With insufficiency my heart to sway?
To make me give the lie to my true sight,
And swear that brightness doth not grace the day?
Whence hast thou this becoming of things ill,
That in the very refuse of thy deeds
There is such strength and warrantize of skill
That, in my mind, thy worst all best exceeds?
Who taught thee how to make me love thee more
The more I hear and see just cause of hate?
O, though I love what others do abhor,
With others thou shouldst not abhor my state:
If thy unworthiness raised love in me,

More worthy I to be beloved of thee.

- Amay



No comments :

Post a Comment