Friday 28 March 2014

Photo Post: Ko Samui

Where in the world did we go to this time? THAILAND! A place that is so vibrant and so colorful cannot be described by words, though pictures do the job just right.

This was the first time I saw an airport which looked more like a garden.
Fruits. EVERYWHERE. *drool*
I fell in love with the sea once I saw this. Beautiful.
Positive motivation on sugar sachets. How sweet!
Tried Taro flavored ice-cream. It tasted ... different, I guess.
Raw Mangoes! The sour, mildly sweet, greenish yeloow goodness inside...YUM.

At a Buddhist shrine in Ko Samui.
The incense, the prayers, the offerings... It truly does make you feel nice.
A sobering message for people in the world.
Ice cream again! I dot know what this was, but tasted like sweet corn and beans. (In a good way, of course.)

Interesting, catchy name.
The streets of Samui!
I absolutely loved this movable food-trolley-hybrid thingy (Invented the name myself) concept. Amazing!
Fruit. This time on the food-trolley-hybrid-thingy.


At the Samui Institute of Culinary Arts. Here, the director, Roongfah Sringam, was telling us about basic Thai Ingredients.
Day 1 in the class.
This picture I took makes me hungry. *Getting up* - I'm going to ravage the fridge.
Ready to ruthlessly and brutally grind a paste for a delicate, subtle, soup.

The Thai Ronald McDonald. Nice.
Taro pie at McDonald's. Can't beat the apple pie.

Fruits. Again. This time on a stationary food-trolley-hybrid-thingy.
Believe me, I can confidently say that these were the best pancakes I had in my life.
From this little stall with everything fried, thus began the epic journey through Lamai street food market.

Squid on a stick. I didn't have the guts to eat it... just look at those poor eyes!
The market at its peak hours.
This was a small pizza stall run by two Milanese chefs from Italy. Never did I have a more better pizza after tasting these. 
This food-trolley-hybrid-thingy had a spicy peanut-green bean salad, which hooked me onto it for the rest of the trip!
Day 2 at the Samui Institute of Thai Culinary Arts. Chefs Roongfah and Nangsudah taking over the class.
A lovely, warm, coconutty pork-ball and pumpkin soup.  

Feeding a tiny baby elephant calf!
Elephants sitting on elephants.
The lovely, rocky coastline.

Fruits again!  This time with nuts and confections, all owned by lady who had just blown her fuse.

These were the sweetest sapodillas I had in a long time. We tried marion plums too!

At the Giant Buddha shrine in Ko Samui.








 The Prayer of the Faithful.

Absolutely lovely Thai young coconuts... I am SO going to miss them!

Poor old me in action. Thank goodness I didn't start off the smoke alarm!

A drinks vendor. He was selling sugary juices made of raw mango, lychee, and mangosteen.
Raw mango juice... my last street food in Samui! (╥﹏╥)

Bye-Bye Thailand!







1 comment :