Sunday 20 July 2014

My experience as a kitchen intern...


I've come to realize that the experience of a kitchen intern is very different from the experience of a office intern. The kitchen intern works harder, for more time, gets chided many times by the head chefs, and basically does all the menial jobs of the kitchen, which nobody likes to do. But that's if you're an adult, isn't it? Being an intern at 15 years of age was absolutely amazing. The chefs take extra care of you and go ahead to guide you, you're exempted from that extra work, and best of all, ALL THE GOOD FOOD YOU CAN EAT! (Without anyone saying anything. What's better than that? ^_^)

Good food was one of the perks of the work...

This year, from the 15th to the 20th of July, I had worked at the Crowne plaza hotel, Gurgaon, as an intern in their bakery. More than baking, I learnt about basic hotel kitchen operations, sanitation, and customer service, which is invaluable experience. The knowledge on baking complemented this and helped to make this experience into a very good one. I would sincerely like to thank Chef Mohd. Ayub Qureshi and his team of wonderful chefs for guiding me through the experience, and for giving me their knowledge and experience in their respective fields. It had been an unforgettable experience at Crowne Plaza, here at Gurgaon, and I really look forward to working with these chefs again.


Chef Jamyang giving the finishing touches on his cakes...

The whole team and I!

No comments :

Post a Comment